Are you looking for a bourbon you can give as a gift? Do you know someone who loves to drink bourbon, or do you want to present someone with a classy, upscale, and elegant gift that will look great on any shelf? Whatever your reason might be, if you’re considering giving bourbon as a holiday or special occasion present, you’re not alone. This type of alcohol is a common gift and it continues to be a great choice for those who are looking to impress and please their recipients. Finding the right bourbon for gift-giving, however, can take a little planning and practice. Below, we’ve gathered a list of some of our favorites to help you narrow down your options and find something that looks and tastes great in almost any price range.
Bourbon as a Gift
Giving bourbon to someone as a gift is a sophisticated way to show you are thinking of and remembering them. By choosing the right bourbon, you can make the impression you’re looking for with ease. You don’t have to spend a lot to get a good-quality bourbon, but you do need to know where to look and which labels to stick with. Consider the bottles on our list below to help you get started shopping for everyone on your list.
• Evan Williams Black Label Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey: Looking for something very affordable that won’t taste like it was affordable? If so, this quality low-cost bourbon is a great solution for you. Although the bottle itself may not stand out very much on a shelf with its traditional rectangular shape and black-and-white label, the drink is sure to turn heads. This quality bourbon features brown sugar flavors backed by caramel and vanilla for a traditional but excellently well-rounded bourbon taste in every sip. You won’t feel embarrassed giving this bourbon to anyone you know, despite its lower price range.
• Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey: This is a low-cost bottle of bourbon that looks great and tastes even better. This bourbon is ideal for newcomers to bourbon drinking, and it also mixes well into cocktails. It can be sipped and enjoyed just as much as a higher-end bourbon without having to break the bank to enjoy it. The bottle is also elegant and stunning with a photo of a buffalo emblazoned across the front. The bourbon tastes like caramel with autumnal spices throughout and a little bit of an apricot aroma at the forefront of every sip.
• Maker’s Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon: This is a well-known brand name with a recognizable label that anyone would be pleased to receive as a gift. This bourbon comes in a smoothly rounded bottle with a stylish wax coating on top, showcasing the rich amber color of the drink in a spectacular way. The bourbon itself is ideal for pairing with many different types of food, especially with rich and somewhat sweet foods like ribs. It has a caramel flavor throughout with a pumpkin and apple finish as well as some notes of dried apricot, making it a great autumn sipping bourbon as well.
• Four Roses Small Batch: If you’re looking for a bourbon to give someone who loves a spicy-sweet alcoholic beverage, try this small batch version of Four Roses. Anything from Four Roses is ideal for gift-giving, since the label is known for making high-quality bourbons that usually fall within a mid-range in terms of pricing. The bottle itself is also very beautiful and stylish, with a more rounded shape than many bottles of bourbon on the market and an embossed rose logo on the label. This bourbon has tons of cinnamon flavor that is especially noticeable for anyone who likes sipping their bourbon slowly over time. It’s also great for adding to spicy cocktails.
• Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon: This is another stylish bourbon bottle that is sure to make a statement when you give it as a gift. Woodford Reserve is a well-known bourbon label that offers many quality options, but some of them are a little more upscale and classy than others. If you want to stick to the classy without spending too much to do so, the Double Oaked bourbon from this label is the way to go. The double oaking process makes this bourbon much sweeter than many similar ones out there, so it’s great for those who like a lot of syrupy flavor in their bourbon.
• Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey: This bourbon has a strong rye flavor, so many people prefer to use it in place of rye for cocktails like Manhattans. For those who enjoy the taste of rye and want to give bourbon a try, this can be a nice gateway. And anyone who likes a lot of breadiness in their bourbon is sure to enjoy this bottle as well. The flavor is bready with a noticeable corn taste as well as a nuttiness in the aroma. The bottle itself isn’t as stunning as some on our list, but still looks stylish on a shelf.
• Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof Bourbon: Okay, so this one is a little pricier and harder to find than some on our list, but it’s still not impossible to come by. This is an award-winning bourbon with a very smooth finish and a thorough caramel and vanilla flavor profile. It also includes fruity and berry flavors with a little bit of pumpkin. It’s quite a high proof, coming in at 133.2, so it’s powerful despite its lighter and more approachable flavor.
There are a lot of good bourbon choices that don’t require you to spend a fortune—and, of course, there are plenty that are quite expensive. Whichever you choose to go with, you should have no trouble finding a bourbon you’ll be excited to give as a gift to anyone special in your life. Bourbon lovers, friends, family, bosses, and coworkers alike will be pleased to receive a gift of quality bourbon, and you can feel good about your gift-giving choices as well.