The “Glen of the grey-green place” was established in 1873 on the Moray Firth coast near the seaside village of Portsoy. After 22 years of silence the distillery re-opened in 2008 with the Revival 3 year old oloroso sherry finish single malt being released in 20012. In 2013 under the new ownership of The Benriach group (who also rescued the Glendronach distillery from closure) a range of new whiskies became available as the Evolution, 4 year old matured in ex -Tennesse whisky casks and Torfa, peated (20ppm) version. There are also a range of single cask bottles from 28-45 years old and a 30 & 40 year old from pre closure years and therefore very limited availability. The future looks good for this coastal Speysider.